Tuesday 1 October 2019

Introduction.


This is an introduction to the jewellery I will be making.

As a Xhosa man, I am fully aware that my personal background has influenced every aspect of my life. I grew up in a Xhosa culture, I feel that is my luck and I see no limitation. I grew up in a period where culture and tradition was the main influence in the Xhosa societies. Within the context of my jewellery, I will present the functions of my work as indicators of status, Xhosa patterns, symbols, and spiritual meditation, in order to underline the hidden codes and messages that are in the Xhosa beaded jewellery. I have decided to manufacture pieces of jewellery that are indicators of status on the anthropology of a Xhosa man. This body of work will focus on designing pieces Xhosa bling jewellery that are derived from Xhosa beaded jewellery.




No comments:

Post a Comment