Tuesday 3 September 2019

Jacob "the jeweller"

https://babalorozani.blogspot.com/2019/09/jacob-jeweller.html
J&CO. In three words, the way I see it, we are about fun, lifestyle and we are unique.

Figure 1 - J&CO Man's perfect fit Bracelet.

Figure 2 - J&CO engagement ring.

Figure 3 - J&CO DNA Ladder bracelet.


Figure 4 - J&CO Billionaire timepiece.


Jacob Arabo is a Bukharin-American jeweler. well known in the entertainment industry for his unique jewelry designs and is mentioned in several hip-hop songs as "Jacob the Jeweller" or just "Jacob. "Take her to the diamond district, introduce her to Jacob / Tell her if she like me she should keep me Icey." - "Get in My Car" by 50 Cent. His timepieces and jewelry have so much influence in hip hop culture. According to (wolf 2018)"Hip-hop jewelry (and hip-hop generally) have changed since then—as the artists have gotten weirder, so have the diamonds. Rappers like Lil Yachty, Lil Uzi Vert, the Migos, and even Drake aren’t satisfied with simply collecting carats like Pokémon. Drake’s chains are shaped like the Stone Island logo or his OVO owl, Lil Uzi Vert has a Marilyn Manson pendant, and Migos member Quavo has a diamond-encrusted Yoda hanging around his neck". This the look that I would like my Xhosa bling jewelry to have. The use of different color metals to enhance contrast is a look that inspires creativity in me(see fig 3). Jacob uses a lot of precious stones, in an interview with (world tempts 2015) he says” the inspiration I get and the broad collection is because I want to satisfy a student in college with a ghost watch right up to the moment when they later become a billionaire with a billionaire watch"(see fig 4)My Xhosa bling jewelry will be intended to inspire a Xhosa man from his childhood right up to manhood.

https://www.gq.com/story/jacob-the-jeweler-store-reopening
https://www.jacobandco.com/content/jacob-co-interview-jacob-arabo

No comments:

Post a Comment