Sunday 20 October 2019

Introduction.

This research report aimed to use the anthropology of a Xhosa man to create contemporary jewellery. The whole process of this research report was done utilizing action research, looking at the anthropology of a Xhosa man, the Xhosa beaded jewellery, looking at bling jewellery, examining various papers, books, and articles written by accomplished jewellery artists in the field of contemporary jewellery. These papers, books, and articles have provided me with the terminology and definitions necessary to understand my research topic, and how I can achieve the goal I set out for my research topic. 


Chapter one was, therefore, an attempt to capture these Anthropological milestones in a way that the jewellery will reflective of each, to fully understand these anthropological milestones, the impact of the beadwork jewellery that is attached to them, as they express one specific aspect of the social standing of a Xhosa man. This chapter lays a path to finding artists that are making contemporary jewellery that has a similar intent as my own. 

Coming to chapter two, this is a chapter that consists of a literature review of the writings and images of jewellery pieces by other jewelers who I have used as references. Their jewellery pieces share similar characteristics to my jewellery pieces. I have tried to elaborate on how these jewelers use their work as indicators of status, how they put value in the look of their work, and how they pay attention to detail. 


Chapter three shows the jewellery pieces and the attachment they have to the anthropological milestones they are created for, which is the body of work for my research report. This chapter includes the meanings behind my jewellery pieces. This chapter uses the terminology and definitions learned in the first two chapters to explain the body of work that I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment