Sunday 20 October 2019

conclusion.

I am very pleased with the body of work I have created. In the events of their creation and by the end of their construction, I had learned a few things about my culture, each of them has their own unique look but they share the same notion of sentimental value. I was able to learn new philosophies that I can use in the future as a Xhosa man. Completing this chapter and the body of work has allowed me to come up with many new ideas for future pieces, contemporary and wearable artwork pieces. In future, I would like to let the new philosophies that I have learned during my B-tech to automatically roll-over into my personal work, to enhance the development of my handmade jewellery business and the Oaknovations brand. In addition, writing about my jewellery has allowed me to channel my own personal views of the way culture and social standing are viewed by other people. By creating descriptive indicators of status; through the visuals of the Xhosa beadwork, that has helped me to elaborate and ask myself thorough questions about the impact I want my Xhosa bling contemporary jewellery to have, including the role I want it to play in the social standing of a young Xhosa man.

No comments:

Post a Comment